Murcia Real Casino in Costa Cálida
The Murcia Real Casino is located in the central street not far from the cathedral. Construction of the building began in 1847 and is a combination of historical and luxurious designs of opulence that coexisted in the second half of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th century in Spain.
The Murcia Real Casino was declared a national historical and artistic site in 1983.
It contains a magnificent collection of nineteenth-century Spanish paintings that includes the works by Germán Hernández Amores, Pedro Sánchez Picazo (1863-1952), Juan Antonio Gil Montejano and Obdulio Miralles, hanging from the walls of the Hall of Arms, the Congress and the Ballroom Anteroom.
Open to sightseeing and other events, it is one of the most visited civil buildings in the Region of Murcia.